Far from the crowded resorts we get to climb spectacular peaks and desecend wide open slopes and/or steep couloirs through virgin powder.
Whether you are a ski touring newcomer wanting to learn about kick turns and avalanche safety, or an experienced ski mountaineer looking for the perfect ski, we organize a custom program for your ski touring days.
You’ll be skinning with skis, and sometimes climbing on foot with crampons. Our local Chamonix ski touring guides will find you untracked snow long after the last snow fall. In one day, or a multi-day trip where we spend the nights in mountain refuges, you will get over mountain passes into hidden valleys, or to wild peaks inaccessible by lifts.
In Chamonix we often combine ascents with lifts and, starting our ski tour from one of the cable cars in the valley.
Best time: End of December to beginning of May
Ability: Ski touring introduction is suitable for those who ski confidently Red/Black runs.
The final decision where to go will be made based on your level of skiing, snow conditions and avalanche safety aspects.
Group size: Max 6 persons per guide, private groups only.
1 to 3
|Price per day:
390 € per group
120 € per person
100 € per person
90 € per person
– 1 day of private guiding by IFMGA mountain guide
– Glacier safety equipment (harness, ropes, if needed)
– Lift passes (prices at Compagnie du Mt Blanc )
– Mountain Rescue Insurance
– Avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe, can be rented for 10€/kit/day)
Ski touring inspiration from Chamonix:
One day ski touring possibilities
– Col de la Fenetre (200m up, 1040m down)
– Col de Crochues and then the Berard Traverse (500m up, 1430down) or another variation such as Glacier du Mort, Breche de l´Aiguille du Berard…
– Col du Belverdere (680m up, 1600m down)
– Col de La Floria (900m up, 1900m down)
– Col du Passon (750m up, 2500m down)
– Breche Puiseux (1040m up, 3000m down)
– Dome du Miages and glacier du Armancette
….and many more!
Multi day ski touring example
day 1: Lift to Grand Montets, descent onto the Agentiere Glacier, col d´Argentiere, night in Argentiere refuge
day 2: Over the col du Chardonnet, the col du Salaina, the glacier du Trient and along the vallee du Arpette down to Champex, night in Champex
day 3: helicopter to from Champex to plateu du Trient, climb up to Aiguille du Tour, ski the glacier du Grande down to Trient back to Chamonix.
This is just one example of a splendid 3 day ski tour, packed with excellent skiing in remote mountains. Our mountain guides will guide you through the endless possibilities and find the perfect runs for your ability!
Contact us for your taylor made program for 1-day or multi-day tours.
More reading about ski touring, guest testimonials, and other useful information in the Ski touring / ski mountaineering blog category.